The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) has launched a Step‑by‑Step Guide to Exporting, which contains practical insight gathered from Trade Commissioners around the world who each year support thousands of Canadian companies to export successfully.
Whether you are a novice, intermediate or advanced exporter, the 90‑page Guide provides the resources you need to close more deals, enter more markets and be more competitive.
The Step-by-Step Guide to Exporting compiles practical insight and proven tips used successfully by thousands of Canadian firms of all sizes and in all sectors.
The Guide will help you to:
- assess your company’s export readiness
- create an export marketing plan
- research and select your target market
- realize the benefits of free trade agreements
- identify delivery methods for your target market
- develop a sound financial plan
- understand the key legal aspects of international trade
- apply corporate social responsibility practices
The guide is free to access but it does require setting up an account on the TCS website if you are not already registered. The one‑time, free registration gives you access to all TCS publications, guides and market reports.